Wednesday, October 28, 2009

An incredible journey worth sharing.....

Just before we headed to the hospital; not too bad! Swelling was getting to me, but I had no idea that could get worse. Otherwise I would have said "Look how awesome I look". We were off early in the morning hours (2:30 am), and anxious to say the least. To meet this new little miracle and hold him. Finally!

The labor was long, and went a little different than we had planned or anticipated.


Todd was freezing and I was burning up. That is a change. My blood pressure was on the rise and when the Dr. came in for the fourth time, he was recommending an emergency c-section. We just wanted E to be safe. Everything from there went really fast and is kind of a blur to me. I was a little out of sorts at this point. Twenty minutes at the most, and all went well. Dad had him in his arms and tears in his eyes counting fingers and toes while whispering how perfect he was in my ear.

Easton Cole
8lbs. 21 inches October 13, 2009; 5:56pm

Good cries from the beginning as he was being pulled from his oasis.


He is so worth the wait!!! And perfect I might add.

We spent the rest of the week in the hospital and dad had to head back to work. Baby was doing great and I was intoxicated. He is a perfect baby. Eats good, sleeps even better and only fusses a little when he wants to be fed. We were headed home Saturday night and big brother was more than delighted to finally get to hold him.


Now that is one happy big brother.

We spent two nights at home and I was not doing well. My swelling got worse and I started to get a headache that would not go away. My blood pressure was sky high. I was having a hard time breathing and just thought it was a reaction to my pain medication. When I called the Dr. Monday morning they told me to go to the emergency room for an x-ray. That ended in an all day visit in the emergency room and landed me in the cardiac unit for three more days, but without my new baby. :( That was a hard stay for me. Thank goodness grandma and grandpa were here to take over. My mom was in heaven with full custody of our little angel.


I was able to come home, with orders to rest and feed the baby, then rest some more.


How sweet is he?


When we were faced with the thought of me not being here to enjoy this miracle, we were twice as thankful for all the prayers on our behalf, and especially to our Father in Heaven for sending him our way in the first place. Friends and neighbors that have stepped in to help and pray for us has made the world of difference. I can't imagine loosing the chance to raise this precious sweet little miracle. He has changed our life for the better.


Two weeks and time is flying by!





9 comments:

IandS said...

What a sweet, cute, darling, beautiful little miracle. We're glad you're home and ok but please, please, please call if you need anything.
In the picture where he is wearing a stripey onesie he looks just like Todd:)
Love to you all...

Emily M said...

I am so glad that you are home and doing better! What a scary thing thought! He is absolutely precious! What a perfect baby- I love the picture of him and Wyatt. It was so good to talk to you the other day!

The Shiflet Family said...

Oh Carolee,
He is just beautiful...what a darling boy. What a miracle that he is here, and that YOU are still here! I am so grateful that you are doing better! I hope you get to enjoy every second with your precious E. So sweet!

Brooklyn said...

Such a sweet miracle. So glad to hear you are doing better and can enjoy your baby. I can't wait to come home and see you. Thanks for sharing your pics and look forward to seeing more!

jan said...

SO cute. Hope you are taking care of yourself and enjoying every moment. They grow so fast.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! He is absolutely adorable! Congratulations, Carolee! That same thing happened to me after my last baby, I had spinal fluid leak...I had dr visits every week and had to have my own blood patch....those excruciating headaches...awful...I'm glad you're home and resting..you so deserve it! I'm so happy for Wyatt and his big brother role! He'll be awesome! Congratulations again!

sharpsnaps said...

I am sure it feels like he is already changing so much. Hope you are feeling better. Glad you could all be home together now.

Miss Sue said...

Oh my> I had no idea you had such a difficult time. he truly his a miracle. he is so beautiful!! Glad your feeling better.

Kiesha said...

Carolee...CONGRATS! What a beautiful little boy. Seriously, he is adorable! I hope your feeling better and can resume a somewhat normal routine again...hmmm, or does that ever happen? I'm still undecided. :) God Bless!